Below are some useful resources on last mile distribution
From the GDC:
- Last Mile Distribution: State of the sector report (2019).
- Finding the sweet spot: Identifying affordable quality solar products for the last mile (2020).
- Impact Summary: Taking stock of lessons learned and future plans, after the GDC’s first 18 months (2020).
From the wider LMD sector:
- Impact Tracker Tech Catalog: a free, online catalogue of affordable simple tools to help last mile distributors to collect data, communicate with clients and measure impact (Kopernik, 2019)
- Last Mile Distribution Playbook: a 12-module course based on best practices from pioneering distribution enterprises (Miller Center for Social Entrepreneurship, 2018)
- Last Mile Solutions for Low-Income Customers: Lessons learned from effort to build sustainable rural value chains for essential products and services (Shell Foundation, 2018)
- Marketing Innovative Devices for the Base of the Pyramid and the corresponding presentation of the findings: Lessons from 15 global pioneers that challenge conventional sales & marketing approaches to successfully serve the poorest (Hystra, 2013)
- Marketing Nutrition for the Base of the Pyramid: Introducing successful practices for improved access to nutritious complementary foods – key lessons from case studies (Hystra, 2014)
- Webinar on distribution in the FMCG sector: (Practitioner Hub for Inclusive Business, 2017)
- How to reach consumers at the BoP: Best practices for BoP ‘Door-to-Door’ distribution (MIT Practical Impact Alliance, 2015)
- Reaching deep in low-income markets: Enterprises achieving impact, sustainability and scale at the base of the pyramid (Monitor Deloitte, 2017)
- Inclusive Business Hub: know-how: last mile distribution at the BoP
- A Business-First Approach to Gender Inclusion: how to think about gender inclusion in small and medium enterprise operations (Value for Women, 2018)
- ASPIRE Framework: a step-by-step guide to scaling up inclusive distribution models (Unilever and BoP Innovation Centre, 2018)
- Efficient BoP marketing and distribution strategies: (2SCALE Consortium, 2018)