Last updated: 8/10/20
For non-COVID specific funding opportunities for last mile distributors see the LMD funding database.
- OPES-LCEF launched the “Restart Fund” to help mitigate short-term liquidity constraints due to Covid-19 for otherwise well-functioning impact enterprises. Recoverable grants of up to $100k (East Africa).
- SHINE has launched the COVID-19 Recovery Fund Grant to enable last-mile energy access enterprises and initiatives to survive the pandemic and its economic impacts. Grants of $3,000 to US $10,000 (global).
- Nigeria Impact Startup Relief Facility is supporting high-growth, impact-driven startups to ensure they remain viable during the COVID-19 crisis with grants of $5k-20k. (Nigeria).
- DEG’s Up-scaling programme is receiving applications from SMEs that intend to scale up innovative business models with high development impact (Africa and India).
- GET.invest’s dedicated COVID-19 window offers energy access businesses free technical advisoryon acute and critical finance related problems, to support them to navigate the crisis (global).
- REPP is open to urgent requests for financial assistance from on- and off-grid energy companies, including for emergency working capital, equity and debt restructuring (Africa).
- Open Road Alliance is offering charitable grants and four types of loans to organisations affected by or directly responding to COVID-19 (global).
- Kiva is offering expanded eligibility criteria, larger loans and a grace period for US applicants of a Kiva loan. Deadline: ongoing (US based businesses only).
- Global Innovation Exchange is welcoming submissions of COVID-19 innovations to be shared with prospective partners looking to fund, use or implement coronavirus related innovations (global).
- The Aavishkaar Group’s Facility for Humane Action is welcoming proposals for grant funding linked to five key areas related to combatting the impacts of COVID-19 (India only).
- Via the Action Against Corona platform, Norrsken is seeking initiatives working to address the COVID-19 challenge in order to connect them with suitable funding (global).
- Sorensen Impact Foundation is welcoming contributions to its COVID-19 Coalition, from innovative companies seeking investment to respond to COVID-19 challenges (global).
- Startups versus COVID-19 houses a range of opportunities for Indian startups seeking to tackle challenges related to COVID-19 (India only).